One of the leading causes of hospital readmission or slow post-hospitalization recovery is the lack of appropriate/effective support following a hospital discharge. Whether you or a loved one is transitioning directly home after a hospitalization or moving through the care continuum via a rehabilitation or medical care facility, in-home care is a key resource for a safe and successful recovery process.
We are here to help when you need us
- On call 24/7 for client needs
- English and Irish speaking caregivers available
- Flexible and fast scheduling
- Regular quality assurance
- Thorough care management and family support
Your local team of Client Care Managers are on call 24/7 to answer your questions and work with you to design a customised plan of care that is right for you.
Our hospital to home care services
A qualified, skilled caregiver can transport you home from the care facility, and provides essential support during an often stressful time.
The first 72 hours following a procedure or hospital stay represent a critical and vulnerable time for the patient, often involving a new diagnosis and changes in daily habits, required medications, meal regimens, rehab exercises and more. Non-medical home care provides the monitoring, reminders and emotional support to help the individual recover successfully at home.
- Assisting with walking and transferring from bed to wheelchair
- Bathing, dressing and grooming assistance
- Medication reminders
- Safety and fall prevention
- Status reporting to family
- Toileting and incontinence care
- 24/7 Monitoring after a procedure or hospital stay
- Consultation and personalized care plan
- Transportation to support the critical initial transition
- Errands, grocery shopping, prescription pick-up, housekeeping
- Meal preparation and nutrition
- Rehabilitation reminders, physical and emotional support and companionship
- Transportation to rehabilitation sessions, doctor appointments and personal events
Free download resources
Local Home Care is proud to offer the following resources for your personal use completely free of charge.
|National Dementia Strategy.pdf||508 KB|
|Ageing in Ireland key stats.pdf||465 KB|