Local Home Care is a provider of home care and staffing services and is dedicated in enhancing the quality of life for our clients.
We are proud of our compassionate home care program which is designed to help people stay in their home and be healthier for longer.
Our Proud History
Local Homecare is a 100% Irish owned, locally based company, operating in the heart of the Kerry Gaeltacht region of Chorca Dhuibhne and the Dingle peninsula. Local Homecare is a premier provider of exclusive, yet affordable in-home care services provided by extensively trained, courteous and professional caregivers.
A few years back our company saw the need for local home care services in the West Kerry area. Today’s aging population requests in-home care services more than ever before.
What We Do
Local Homecare Services provides general supervision and assistance with personal care needs. We also handle routine daily activities including light housekeeping, meal preparation, errand running, mail sorting and various other tasks. In-home care can also be requested by new mothers and those with a short-term disability or illness to help until they can get on their feet. again.
Local Homecare Services has gone from strength to strength in recent times.
Is Local home care the right option for you? You may want to consider the following benefits:
Whether you are feeling ill or well, most people prefer the comfort of being in their own home. Local Homecare Services allow you to continue living independently, in familiar surroundings.
With Local Homecare Services, you’ll receive one-on-one care and attention from your caregiver that you can’t always get in a facility. That means greater value for every euro. Plus, your caregiver may perform tasks previously handled by other services, such as cooking meals, cleaning the house, doing laundry or helping you get out and about. Your personal caregiver can help you save money and time, too.
Local Homecare Services makes it simple and easy to find a reputable in-home care staff serving your area. You’ll work out a schedule and a list of duties your caregiver will perform when you meet with our company. Local Homecare will choose the caregiver best suited to you to ensure the care you receive is personalised to meet your exact needs and schedule.
Local Homecare Services can also provide companionship. We will match a caregiver to suit your personal care needs and interests/hobbies.
Having a professional caregiver in your home can provide an additional level of security for your loved one. Each of our caregivers have years of caring experience, as well as the relevant qualifications and skills and are garda vetted.
Local Homecare Services assures you and your family peace of mind. Many adult children of aging parents can’t regularly pop-in to check on their loved ones or tend to their needs. With a caregiver in the home, families are regularly updated as to the well-being of their parents. Having a personal, caring, professional caregiver in the home provides everyone peace of mind.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
We are committed to providing high quality, client-centered and affordable Home Care services to our clients to assist them to lead dignified and independent lives in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Their individual needs are carefully assessed, understood and met through the selective assignment of qualified, trustworthy and compassionate personnel.
- To be known and valued for providing the highest standard of in-home care services.
- To be the provider of choice in the community.
- To be the employer of choice in the community.
Our mission and vision will be achieved through the application of our core values, which include:
- keeping our client’s health, quality of life and well-being central in the design and delivery of services;
- treating and interacting with our clients with respect, dignity, compassion, empathy, honesty, and integrity while recognizing and maintaining confidentiality of client information;
- showing respect for all cultures, religions, ethnicities; sexual orientation, ages, gender and disabilities;
- recruiting, training and retaining competent staff;
- valuing, supporting, recognizing and appreciating our staff who are our greatest asset;
- nurturing a work environment that encourages personal enjoyment and enhances job satisfaction and performance through recognition and reward;
- developing and maintaining positive relationships with the community, including local Home Care and Health Care personnel/organizations;
- conducting our business in an accountable and responsible manner;
- adhering to the professional code of ethics of the Home Care industry; and,
- applying continuous quality improvement measures throughout our Agency.
Our leadership team
Our home health care management team is highly experienced in delivering exceptional care and support for clients – regardless of age or specific medical needs.
For his role at the helm of localhomeCare, David has many years of experience in care giving.
Margaret is the co-founder of LocalhomeCare. She has over 13 years of care giving experience.
She is currently responsible for the day-to-day operations
I am more than fully satisfied with the excellent service provided so carefully and so sincerely by each and every care giver.
We are confident leaving mother in localhomecare’s quality care! They deliver wonderful service with a personal touch!
My Mom’s primary caregiver is wonderful. The nurse is wonderful and the overall experience was awesome!
Write a testimonial
All the testimonials on Local Home Care are written by clients from our community. So any testimonial you see is based on a stay that a guest had in a host’s listing.